Monday, May 14, 2012

Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

A picture is worth a thousand words.  A movie is magic.  After a nail biting two weeks leading up to Longview, we were thrilled just to be there.  Perhaps a bit too thrilled.  Concentraition lapsed a bit, taking the pressure off early on.
We were blessed with an extremely understanding and compassionate Dressage Judge.  Thank you Lori Hoos!  We were permitted to continue our test for practice sake (we both agreed it was much needed!) and she took the time to score the test as well.  Above and beyond, thank you, thank you.

She was also kind enough to deem us, "Not a safety hazard" so we were permitted to ride cross country.  That was the shinning moment of the weekend.
Nutmeg was a rock star, even balancing herself up before the steps with just a thought from me.  I was curious to see how she'd react to the ramp up and the bank off, but it was one of the nicest pieces of the course.  It was really an excellent trip around and I'm well pleased.  I'll have more video thanks to the hard work and diligent walking/running of my husband and my father when I figure out how to get it off the camera.

Show Jumping was messy.  I thought we were locked on and cruising to the first fence, but I thought wrong.  Complacency isn't going to cut it.  Its time to up our game.
So that's where we sit.  We've got a lot of work to do, mainly mentally.  I'm in a tough spot.  I ride because I love it.  In the past I've found a balance between perfectionism and fun.  I need to find that place again.  More on that journey to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment